- This event has passed.
Autism Society of NC Workshop: Addressing Challenging Behaviors
January 28, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
This free workshop will provide a basic overview of some of the key evidence-based strategies that parents, caregivers, and professionals can apply to prevent and change challenging behavior in children, adolescents, and adults
with ASD in home, school, and community contexts.
• Review contextual, cognitive, and sensory factors that impact behavior
• Identify key preventative strategies
• Identify behaviors that can be reinforced to replace challenging behaviors
• Review basic reinforcement procedures
• Identify ways that these behavior change strategies are responsive to the core features of ASD