- This event has passed.
WRAP Facilitator Refresher (3-day Training) – Asheville
September 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - September 22, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
This course is open to active Certified WRAP Facilitators. It is recommended that WRAP Facilitators attend a Refresher Course at least once every two years to stay up to date on developments and best practices.
The WRAP Refresher is a interactive course co-facilitated by Advanced Level Facilitators to sharpen and expand facilitation skills to further engage groups in Wellness Recovery Action Planning. Through attendance in this course WRAP Facilitators will:
- Recognize expanded options to give effective group introductions.
- Identify additional knowledge areas, values and ethics of WRAP.
- Apply at least one new skill to sharpen and expand group facilitation.
- Develop new and creative approaches to facilitation to accommodate participant challenges and differing group needs
Topics covered in the Refresher include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Effective introductions
- Translating the values and ethics of WRAP into practical applications
- Methods of evaluation
- Developing ideas
- Responding to questions and knowledge-based answers
- WRAP for WRAP Facilitators
- Addressing participant expectations
- Bringing creativity to WRAP Presentations
- Continuing education needs
Registration fee: None
- Class will begin promptly at 9 a.m. each day.
- You must present your WRAP Facilitator Certificate and attend the entire class to receive your Refresher certificate of completion.
- Please bring your WRAP Facilitator Manual.
- Food and drinks are not provided at the training. Please bring what you need. There will be a daily break for lunch on your own.
Email Consumer.Relations@vayahealth.com with questions or to register.
Find more information about WRAP online at www.copelandcenter.com.