Peer Support Specialist Training
Becoming a Peer Support Specialist
This training helps prepare peer support specialists to use their own experiences to share messages of hope to other individuals in recovery. Vaya Health uses a specially developed curriculum under the guidelines of North Carolina’s Certified Peer Support Specialist Program.
Vaya offers this 40-hour course at various locations in North Carolina as one of the pre-requisites for state certification. Activities and discussions provide insight into working with peers in recovery. Participants learn to monitor their own wellness to sustain their recovery, support others and share their own perspectives throughout the highly interactive training.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a high demand for our Peer Support Specialist Training, and class size is limited by state guidelines. Submitting your application does not guarantee a seat in the next class. If a class is full upon application approval, you will be added to the waiting list and contacted when there is an available seat in an upcoming session. Our training dates and locations are updated quarterly on our Calendar of Events.
Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, our trainings are currently offered virtually. Please see our Calendar of Events for details.
Peer Support Specialist Reference Form (Two required)
2. Instructions are printed on both forms. One application and two references must be completed.
3. Submit all forms to Vaya Health, Attention: Peer Support Training, 825 Wilkesboro Blvd. SE, Lenoir, NC 28645 or by email to PSStraining@vayahealth.com.
4. Individuals who are approved to attend will receive course location details.
5. A $30 registration fee will be collected after acceptance to the course.
6. If classes are full, you may still apply. Approved applicants will be placed on our waiting list for a future session.
- Read about the state certification process.
- Training applicant qualifications and instructions are included in the application and reference forms. You will receive email confirmation upon receipt of your application. Approved applicants are added to our waiting list and will receive an invitation to the next class with an available seat.
- Upcoming trainings are posted quarterly on our Calendar of Events.