Vaya’s four Regional Boards collectively meet the statutory requirement for a County Commissioner Advisory Board pursuant to N.C.G.S. § 122C-118.2. Regional Boards serve as key avenues for county representatives to share their knowledge about the needs of their local communities. Regional Boards will discuss and prioritize local service gaps and needs to drive community reinvestment by Vaya within available resources.
To ensure fair and diverse community representation on the Board, the Boards of County Commissioners for each county within each community region are responsible for appointing up to two individuals to serve on the Regional Board, one of whom must be an elected county commissioner and one of whom may be either a county commissioner, county manager, Department of Social Services director, public health director, or law enforcement representative.
To ensure participation from each of the constituent counties of a multicounty area authority as required by N.C.G.S. § 122C-118.1, each Regional Board elects two members to serve on the governing Board.
Regional Board Membership
- Gary Westmoreland, Cherokee County Commissioner
- Amanda McGee, Cherokee County DSS Director
- Clay Logan, Clay County Commissioner
- Debbie Mauney, Clay County Manager
- Connie Orr, Graham County Commissioner
- Dale Wiggins, Graham County Commissioner
- Jennifer Best, Haywood County Commissioner
- Ira Dove, Haywood County HHSA Director (Vice Chair)
- Brian McMahan, Jackson County Commissioner
- Don Adams, Jackson County Manager
- Ronnie Beale, Macon County Commissioner (Chair)
- Patrick Betancourt, Macon County DSS Director
- Kevin Seagle, Swain County Commissioner
- Kevin King, Swain County Manager
2022 Regional Board Meetings
January 14, 2022
March 28, 2022
June 27, 2022
October 31, 2022