Consumer and Family Advisory Committee
“Vaya Health has been consistently responsive to input from the CFAC, allowing a wonderful collaboration that ultimately improves the services provided to our loved ones! It’s been a great experience to serve on this committee.”
Vaya CFAC member
The Consumer and Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) is a strong voice at Vaya and in the community. The committee includes people who receive mental health, substance use, traumatic brain injury and intellectual/ developmental disability services, as well as their relatives or guardians.
The CFAC is self-governing and operates under its own bylaws. Four CFAC members also serve as voting members on Vaya’s Board of Directors. Under state law, the CFAC has the following responsibilities:
- Review, comment on, and monitor the implementation of the contract deliverables between area authorities and the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Identify service gaps and underserved populations.
- Make recommendations regarding the service array and monitor the development of additional services.
- Review and comment on the area authority budget.
- Develop a collaborative and working relationship with the area authorities member advisory committees to obtain input related to service delivery and system change issues.
- Submit to the State Consumer and Family Advisory Committee findings and recommendations regarding ways to improve the delivery of mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, substance use disorder, and
traumatic brain injury services, including Statewide issues.
The Vaya CFAC helps ensure that people receiving services are involved in our oversight, planning and operational committees. If you are interested in serving on the CFAC, please complete our online membership application. You may also call 1-800-893-6246 and ask to speak with a Vaya CFAC liaison.
CFAC meetings are posted on our Calendar of Events. To request approved CFAC meeting agendas and minutes: