Welcome to our media center. We place a high priority on ensuring members of the media promptly receive public information related to Vaya Health or about issues involving mental health, substance use disorder and intellectual/ developmental disabilities in North Carolina.
Please direct all news media inquiries to:
Please direct all requests for public records to:
Thank you for your interest in Vaya Health and the people we serve.
Vaya Health Overview
Vaya Health manages public funds for the prevention and treatment of mental health needs, substance use disorder and intellectual/developmental disabilities in their region. These funds come primarily from Medicaid. They also include state, county, and federal government funding. They are an NC local government agency.
They serve individuals who receive Medicaid, are uninsured or underinsured. They do not provide treatment services directly. As a managed care organization, they manage services provided by their contracted network of providers and practitioners throughout their region.
Headquartered in Asheville, they maintain a regional office in Lenoir, with smaller offices throughout the counties they serve.
Images for Media Use
For your convenience, we’ve made digital images of our logo, executive staff and main offices available for your use. These include our administrative headquarters in Asheville and regional office in Lenoir. These images are the exclusive copyright of Vaya Health. They must not be distorted, used for commercial purposes or used in any manner that is detrimental to Vaya’s image or reputation.
Vaya Health Logo
Asheville administrative headquarters
200 Ridgefield Court
Asheville, NC 28806
Lenoir regional office
825 Wilkesboro Blvd. NE
Lenoir, NC 28645
Read Press Releases
The following Vaya Health news releases are available for viewing and downloading. For the latest Vaya news articles, visit our Current News page.
- January 16, 2023: Vaya Health Joins Local DSS Offices/Child Placing Agencies Across North Carolina in Launching Foster Care Recruitment Campaign
- December 18, 2023: Rockingham County, Vaya Health Working Toward Change in Behavioral Health Care Plans in Early 2024
- December 3, 2023: Vaya Health Leaders to Share Critical Insight on Integrated Health Care in North Carolina at Statewide Conference
- November 24, 2023: Vaya Health Joins NC Communities in Recognizing National Native American Heritage Month
- November 10, 2023: Vaya Health Honors Veterans and Celebrates Program
- October 19, 2023: Vaya Health Partners With Local DSS Offices to Provide an Overview of North Carolina’s Child Welfare System
- October 13, 2023: Vaya Health Celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month with a Commitment to Serve and Support the Hispanic Community
- September 25, 2023: Vaya Health Partners with Thompson Child & Family Focus to Announce Expansion of Enhanced Residential Treatment Center
- September 14, 2023: Vaya Health Members Share Their Unique Journeys in a Newly Released Video
- August 31, 2023: Vaya Health Joins North Carolina Communities to Commemorate International Overdose Awareness Day
- August 21, 2023: Vaya Health Helps NC Communities Prepare for the School Year
- August 7, 2023: Vaya Health Receives Award for its Microenterprise Program
- July 10, 2023: Vaya Health Renews Commitment to North Carolina Foster Care Population, and Extends Pathways to Permanency Project
- February 22, 2023: Vaya Health Partners with Local Law Enforcement to Offer Crisis Intervention Team Training
- January 31, 2023: Walk-In Behavioral Health Center in Granville County Celebrates a Successful Opening and Community Partnership
- December 1, 2022: NC Child and Family Improvement Initiative Focuses on Standardization of Collaboration with County Departments of Social Services
- October 27, 2022: N.C. Child and Family Improvement Initiative: LME/MCOs Make Substantial Investments to Increase Rates for Child Residential Services Across North Carolina
- October 3, 2022: Special Olympics North Carolina kicks off eight-week inclusive fitness program at Chatham Middle School sponsored by Vaya Health Sept. 29