If you are looking for Member Privacy Rights instead, visit this page.
Last updated: 01/15/2020
Vaya Health (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://vayahealth.com and http://providers.vayahealth.com. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By accessing the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Who we are
Vayahealth.com and Providers.vayahealth.com
are the websites of Vaya Health. Vaya is a public managed care organization (MCO) that oversees Medicaid, federal, state and local funding for services and supports related to mental health, substance use disorder and intellectual/ developmental disabilities in 22 western North Carolina counties. As a political subdivision of the State of North Carolina, we value quality, integrity and accountability.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Information you give us. While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you for the purpose of event registration or an online training. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address. (“Personal Information”).
The amount and type of information we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we may ask visitors who register for an event or participate in an online training to supply “Company Name” so a provider agency may receive credit for agency employees having completed the training. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us. You can always refuse to supply personal data; however, doing so may prevent you from receiving our Services or engaging in other activities on the Site.
In no event will we ever request sensitive personal data (e.g., health information, religious preferences, etc.) from you, and we expressly request that you not provide any such sensitive personal data to us.
- Communications. If given, we may use your Personal Information for sending electronic newsletters such as the Vaya Health Provider Bulletin or for confirmation of registration for an event or online training. This information will be used only for the purpose of sending you the newsletter or confirmation email requested.
- Web server logs. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically through your use of the Site. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, the files viewed on the Site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data to analyze aggregate trends and administer the site. We use analytical software to help us understand this information.
- Cookies. Cookies are files with small amount of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site. In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data for the purpose of improving our website and navigation to serve you.
- Event, Attendee and Ticket Purchaser Information as described below.
How to provide or withdraw consent to the installation of Cookies
You can manage preferences for Cookies directly from your own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing Cookies.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete Cookies installed in the past, including the Cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of Cookies by this website.
Event, Attendee and Ticket Purchaser Information
Through the usage of Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus and Community Tickets, information may be collected and stored within our website’s database, including, but not limited to:
- Attendee information (RSVPs and Tickets): Name and email address
- Ticket information (RSVPs and Tickets): Name, email address and ticket number/SKU (via check-in page)
- Ticket purchaser information: Name and email address
- Ticket purchaser billing address, which is collected through the use of PayPal.
An application programming interface key (API key) is a unique identifier used to authenticate a user, developer, or program. We make use of certain API keys, in order to provide specific features. These API keys may include the following third-party services: Google Maps and PayPal.
Vaya does not allow or has not enabled comments
or virtual interactions on our site.
Vaya does not accept or process payments on our website. To make an online payment related to an event (e.g., Provider Summit), you will be directed to PayPal or other third-party payment site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. However, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How Long Vaya Retains Collected Data
All information (data) is retained in the local database indefinitely, unless otherwise deleted.
200 Ridgefield Court, Suite 206
Asheville, NC 28806
Business calls and general inquiries
For help with a question, concern or complaint, or to report a grievance:1-800-849-6127 (toll-free, 24/7)
Our website address is: https://vayahealth.com.