The Consumer and Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) is a strong voice at Vaya and in the community. The committee includes people who receive mental health, substance use and intellectual/ developmental disability services, as well as their relatives or guardians.
The CFAC is self-governing and operates under its own bylaws. Three CFAC members also serve as voting members on Vaya’s Board of Directors. Under state law, the CFAC has the following responsibilities:
- Review, comment on and monitor implementation of the local business plan
- Identify service gaps and underserved populations and make recommendations about needed services
- Review and comment on our annual budget
- Participate in our quality improvement activities
- Submit recommendations to the state CFAC about ways to improve service delivery
The Vaya CFAC helps ensure that people receiving services are involved in our oversight, planning and operational committees. If you are interested in serving on the CFAC, please complete our online membership application. You may also call 1-800-893-6246 and ask to speak with a Vaya CFAC liaison.
CFAC meetings are posted on our Calendar of Events. To request approved CFAC meeting agendas and minutes:
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call 1-800-893-6246 and ask to speak with a CFAC liaison to make your request; or
- Mail your request to Vaya Health, Attn: CFAC, 200 Ridgefield Court, Asheville, NC 28806.